Whittier College, an Academic Avid Learning Partner, offers Avid Media Composer courses required to earn Avid certification. All courses are held online.
The course price includes course textbooks and two exam attempts. Additional exam attempts are $25 – $50 each. Grant funding is available to train employees of media companies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Avid Media Composer Professional Editing I (MC 201) and Avid Media Composer Professional Editing II (MC 210) courses are taught 24-hour courses in six 4-hour sessions. All times are Pacific Time.
Instructor: Jim Turner
Jim Turner is an Avid Certified Support Representative (ACSR) and Avid Certified Instructor with over 40 years of film industry experience. He has taught Avid Media Composer courses for more than a decade, including at some of the nation’s top film schools, and has worked as an Assistant Editor on numerous productions.
A certification in Avid Media Composer provides an industry recognized credential for both academic users and industry professionals.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Media Composer, together with a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer allows you to:
- Demonstrate your user skills and that you have a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing